Polyureas are polymers formed by the reaction of isocyanates with amine terminated compounds whereby the bonds which form are urea groups. This implies a great technological achievement, since it is considered that the polyureas are polymers of third generation after the elastomers of polyurethane and urethanes - urea. Polyurea is a product with special characteristics, for your needs of protection against salinity (corrosion) for both metals, concrete or other material.
CONTINUOUS AND NO GASKET COAT
- Coating of hulls or decks of ships and other metal parts
- Cover and protect concrete pits against wear caused by salts, acids, soda, etc.
- Protection against corrosion of stairs, corridors, rails, and waterproofing in ceilings etc.
- Container linings for fish farming and other marine life
- Coating of ceilings, walls, floors against spillage of solvents, acids, soda, etc.
Epoxy materials fracture and urethanes are cut and torn under extreme working conditions. This polyurea resists abrasion and tearing (test ATSM 1044, 0.62mg loss at 1000 revolutions). There are soft and hard versions (125 to 625% elongation) with an ASTM 638 tensile force of 22315 psi. Its adhesion to metal (1375 psi) and concrete (355 psi) is also excellent (ASTM-794)
This versatile method applies to buildings, tanks, pipelines, industrial buildings, and / or seals. Suitable for both new and repair work. A coating or protection should be applied to the polyurea layer.
It is not sensitive to moisture, does not foam or puncture like polyurethanes, it can also be applied on surfaces with temperatures between -10 c to 130 deg. And as it is rapidly cured, reinforcing fibers may be added as needed by making it extremely versatile with any hardness, rigidity, strength and mechanical strength required.
THE DIVERSITY OF USUS DEPENDS ON ITS NEEDSI
- It is applied at the place of use
- Non-polluting, does not contain volatile organic compounds
- Not explosive in enclosed places
- Adheres to metal, bricks, cement, wood etc.
- Applied with special machines
TYPES OF POLYUREA
- Polyurea Hybrid: Sikalastic - 830 N / Sikalastic - 851, polyurea based on a combination of polyurea / polyurethane with high chemical resistance
- Polyurea Pure Aromatic: Sikalastic - 841 ST or Sikalastic - 8800, Pure Polyurea (high-performance urea resin and chemical resistance) of two components, 100% solids, free of VOc, Excellent Elasticity, very fast commissioning for its short Curing time. Designed to be in contact with drinking water)
- Pure Aliphatic Polyurea: Sikalastic - 845 AL. Polyurea Pure Aliphatic two component, flexible, 100% solids, very fast curing with 100% color stability